Monday, October 4, 2010

Potato Tuna Puffs


In an attempt to clear whatever veg is left in my fridge to make way for fresh ones, I made these puffs using store bought puff pastry squares.

Hiaz, I never seem to be able to get my puffs right. Is it because of my laziness or I didn't bake long enough? I was too lazy to brush the puffs with egg wash before baking and being too greedy, I stuff too much filings into the puff pastry and every single one split opened! Luckily the puffs taste alright and the ever supportive Hubby had 3 of these for breakfast the next day =p

Shall try harder next time!

I did not follow a recipe for the filings, most of the items are leftovers in my fridge and everything go by the "agaration" method. Recipe below for my own reference:

Ingredients

1can tuna in mineral water, flaked
1 large yellow onion, diced
2 large potatoes, mashed
Red and Yellow bell peppers, diced
few stalks of spring onions, diced
some breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper to taste (I added some turmeric powder)

Method
  1. Thaw the puff pastry at room temperature according to manufacturer instruction.
  2. Mixed the filings together and season to taste.
  3. Divide the filings into equal portions (I have about 14 portions) and wrap with puff pastry.
  4. Bake in preheated oven at 200C for about 25-30min or until the puff pastry is cooked and golden brown.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails