Friday, October 29, 2010

Basmati Garlic Rice



















I've always wanted to try out basmati rice but I've only seen 5kg packs in supermarkets in Singapore and they're so so expensive! A 5kg pack is also way too much for me. Was so happy when I saw a 1kg pack of basmati on sale in Jusco, it was only RM6.99!!! I immediately grabbed a pack and started to look for appropriate recipes to try.

I decided to try this recipe as I'm an absolute lover of anything with garlic and onion and this recipe has both! The resultant rice was so fragrant that I can eat it on its own without any side dish! I heart this basmatic garlic rice!

Ingredients

1 cup basmati rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, diced
l large carrot, shredded
2 garlic cloves, minced (I increased to 4 cloves)
1 tbsp ginger, minced
3/4 tsp salt
2 cups water

Method
  1. In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and carrot, cook, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 2 min.
  2. Add basmati rice, stirring to coat. Transfer rice to rice cooker, add water and salt and cook till rice is ready.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails