Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lunch @ Ikea

I have not been baking these few days but do have a lot of backlogs posts on eating out which have been accumulating. Shall start off with this one @ Ikea.

Been a long long time since we last visited Ikea hence decided to go there for lunch and to window shop (I love looking at the furniture displays and dreaming about the ideal home / kitchen that have yet to materialise).

We reached around 2pm plus and the good thing was most of the lunch crowd had gone and we managed to get seats by the windows =)

These were what we had for lunch at Ikea restaurant:



















Terriyaki Chicken Meal, $5.50– This was the offer meal that day, and this is actually very tasty. The chicken is well marinated (and not dry) and the chili really enhances the flavour of the dish. The meal came with lots of greens (broccoli, carrot, black fungus, achar) and this contributes to a balanced diet.




















Poached Salmon with Chive Sauce, $6 – My favourite! Lightly poached salmon with lots of broccoli and potatoes (both my favourites ha!), definitely a healthy, balanced and satisfying meal. Hubby doesn’t like cooked salmon, so hee hee I had the whole salmon to myself!




















Whats dining at Ikea without their signature meatballs! We ordered a kid’s meatball ($2.90) to share since we already had a main course each. The meatballs are good as usual, especially with the cranberry sauce, but it seemed to me that the meatballs have shrunk over the years… or is it just me?

I had an enjoyable lunch at Ikea and hope I can go eat my poached salmon again soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails