Monday, November 15, 2010

Wholemeal Red Bean and White Lotus Bun

I have leftover red bean and white lotus paste from this year's mooncake making and since I'm pretty sure that I'll not be making mooncake again anytime soon, I decided to use them for buns.



















Different toppings represent different fillings, black sesame for red bean and melon seeds for white lotus paste, and one with cheese on top as I did not prepare enough filings.

I know, the buns looks ugly, all in different shapes and sizes but thats my best attempt so far haha. I can never seem to get a nice golden brown bun top despite diligently egg washing my bun this time, can anyone please teach me how to achieve a nice golden top?



















Insides of the white lotus bun - greedy me uses more fillings than bread dough haha



















Insides of the red bean bun, the colour looks different as this photo was taken on the second day under natural lighting.


I've got balanced red bean and white lotus paste, what can I do with them? Hmmmm.....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails