Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Steamed Black Sesame Kuih

Chanced upon this recipe here and decided to do it since I have all ingredients on hand and this seems healthier.



















I like black sesame so I like the subtle black sesame taste in this kuih. And I like to peel it off layer by layer, just like how I always eat 九层糕 "9 Layer Cake".

See the layers in the kuih



















Ingredients
 
180g tapioca flour
25g rice flour
50g black sesame powder
180ml boiling water
180ml water
130g sugar
3 tbsp thick coconut milk

Method
  1. Mix tapioca flour, rice flour and black sesame powder together.
  2. Use boiling water to dissolve sugar. Add in the rest of the water and coconut milk.
  3. Pour liquid content into the flour mixture and stir till smooth. Sieve mixture if lumpy.
  4. Steam the kuih layer by layer on high heat in a greased tray. 
  5. Cut into serving size when cold using a plastic knife.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails