Wednesday, February 9, 2011

CNY Eve Reunion Lunch

A table full of goodness....prepared by my mum with me as her assistant hee =)


















Meat Balls - I made this, but let my mum do the frying as I don't know how to fry things

 
Chinese Leeks - Suan (算), a must have on every CNY reunion, you will see everyone snatching this in supermarkets during the new year. Eat this and you'll have lots of $$ to count in the new year!

 
Black Vinegar Pig Trotter - my personal favourite! I especially like to pick those with big pieces of skin, they are very rich in collagen!

 
Roast Pork Belly - my dad's favourite, also a common dish during CNY reunion, you'll often see long long queues forming outside the more famous stores, and prices inevitably increased during the CNY period. Decided to do this myself this year as I realised its really not too difficult to make. Got good comments from the family (except it could be slightly more salty) and am happy with the results.
 
 

Blanched Chicken (白斩鸡)- again we decided to make this at home instead of queuing to get from the stores. More economical and taste good as well

 

Steam Black Garoupa - Fish is a must have during CNY. It signifies abundance in the new year! 年年有余!

 

Had a very good and satisfying CNY reunion with the family!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails