Monday, October 11, 2010

Oreo Sponge Cake



















I love sponge cakes!! No butter, no chemical raising agents, minimal oil, and I don't mind eating it on its own without frosting =)

I adapted this oreo sponge cake from a vanilla sponge cake recipe. Blur me forgot (what's new right) to add in the vanilla extract called for in the recipe but the resultant cake is still fragrant and moist. The crushed oreo added a tinge of sweetness to enhance the flavour of the cake, and I'm happy with how the cake has raise so evenly.

Ingredients

3 egg
125g caster sugar (I used 90g)
1/4tsp salt
100g cake flour
22g veg. oil
22g milk
1/4tsp vanilla paste (I accidentally omitted)
5 oreo biscuits (without cream), crushed

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180C. 
  2. Lined base of a 7inches round tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
  3. Use a cake mixer to whisk the eggs, salt and sugar until thick and fluffy. 
  4. Sift the cake flour into the cake batter in 3 portions and fold in. 
  5. Mix milk, vanilla paste and oil together and fold in lightly into the batter until well combined. 
  6. Fold in oreo biscuits
  7. Pour batter into the cake tin.
  8. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30mins.
  9. Remove cake from tin and cool on a wire rack.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails