Wednesday, October 6, 2010

4 Ingredients Cranberries Cookies

















I have a bag of half finished dried cranberries snack in the fridge and since no one in the house eats it anymore and its expiring soon...lets use it to bake cranberries cookies =)!


This recipe is so simple and I don't need to use mixer. Hooray! Less washing to be done hee. The original recipe call for 1 tbsp of milk to be added but blur me forgot to add it again! My dough is hence drier, but that makes it easier to handle, there's no need for me to refrigerate the dough before shaping. Blessing in disguise? I'll know after the cookies are ready.

Following my usual lazy style, I didn't bother to roll out the dough and use cookie cutter to shape the cookies. Instead, I just roll the dough into a log and divide into (almost) equal portions before using a fork to flatten the cookie dough.

The cookies are buttery and crisp and not too sweet, just the way we like it! And because I omitted some ingredients, I essentially used only 4 ingredients in making these cookies! I wonder what difference would the 1tbsp milk makes?

Ingredients:


(A)
1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar (I reduced to 1/4 cup)

(B)
1/2 cup or 1 stick of butter, softened
2 tsp. imitation strawberry extract  (I omitted)
1 Tbsp. milk (I accidentally omitted)

(C)
1/2 cup. sweeten dried cranberries, chopped


Method:

  1. In a food processor, add in (A). Pulse to combine. 
  2. Then, add in (B) and pulse until a dough is almost formed. Add in (C) and pulse until combined. Take it out on a lightly flour surface and give it a few kneads and formed into a dough. Roll to 1/4 inch thickness and cut with a cookie cutter. (Note: the dough will be soft, you need to transfer the cookie with a scraper or you can refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 30 mins. before rolling.) 
  3. Place on a parchment lined baking pan and bake in preheated 350'F oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown on edges.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails