Monday, December 13, 2010

Shepherd's Pie - My Version

This is a quick and easy lunch, mainly because I used the leftover meat sauce from making lasagna and hence I only need to prepare the mashed potatoes. Quick and simple and a great way to use up my balance meat sauce haha

If you have a craving for meat pie, why not try out shepherd's pie. Its easy to make and I believe will be more healthy than pastry meat pie.






















Can you tell from the photo how creamy and smooth the mashed potato is. Contrasts with the slightly crisped top layer.

Ingredients

2 large potatoes, boiled and mashed.
1/2 to 1 cup milk
50g cheddar cheese, soften
salt and pepper to taste
meat sauce (I used balance meat sauce from my lasagna making)

Method
  1. Combine mashed potatoes, cheese together and add milk to it to make it creamy and soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  2. Fill half of your baking dish with meat sauce and spread mashed potato mixture evenly over the top.
  3. Baked in preheated oven of 180C for 20-25min till the top is golden brown.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails