Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mushroom Soup



Button mushrooms were on sale at our local supermarket and since its buy 1 get 1 free, of course gotta grab lah. Bought 2 packs without really having any dishes in mind. Much as I love mushroom soup, I have not attempted to make it at home as I'm trying to be as healthy as possible and creamy soups are definitely not on my healthy list. Chanced upon this healthier version mushroom soup on the net and I'm immediately sold! It uses milk to create the creamy texture and I have all the ingredients on hand! What better way than to use the button mushrooms in this soup, and I get to finish my half used shiitake mushroom before it turns bad.

Hubby gave the thumbs-up for this soup =)

Ingredients

30g butter
1 onion chopped
500g white button / shiitake mushrooms, chopped
3 cups milk
1/4 cup single or pouring cream (I use slightly less than 1/4 cup)
salt, black pepper to taste

Method
  1. Heat a large saucepan over high heat. Add butter, onion and mushrooms and cook for 3-4 mins or until the onion softened.
  2. Add milk and bring to a boil. Add cream, salt and black pepper to taste.
  3. Use a blender to blend soup until desired smoothness is achieved. 
  4. Serve.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails